Sunday 15 November 2009

Friday the 13th

Dentists


On Friday I popped into the dentist for what I thought would be a quick 10 minute appointment to have a crown fitted.


I won't go into the details of what it's like to have a crown fitted. Those of you who have not had the experience (yet) can live in blissful ignorance. Those who have gone through the process will know that having the temp. crown taken out and the new crown stuck in, is the quick and easy bit, basically it's just a bit of gluing, sanding down and most importantly the bit with no pain!


Do you ever get those moments when you are suddenly in a situation that makes you feel you are stuck in a very bad comedy sketch?


First of all my dentist is Spanish, I'm sure he's a lovely person but I really struggle to understand his English.


Dentist: "First of all I remove the temporary crown".


Me: "OK"


Dentist: Takes first attempt at removing crown. Then lowers me down a bit more and has another go. He is now putting some real effect into it.* Changes the angle and has a third go, resulting in a good cracking noise.


Me: "Have you got it".


Dentist: "Not quite". Fourth go (more cracking noises) and the crown flies out and lands on my leg.


Me: "Yuch"


Dentist: "Ah". We all play a game called 'hunt the crown'.


Lucky me, the crown is out along with half of the prep work which I'd gone through hell to get done a couple of weeks ago.


Dentist: "I will have to do some prep work on your tooth. This is going to cost you eighty pounds but as it was my mistake I will not charge. These things happen".


Me: "Ah". (I don't converse much at the dentist).


To cut a long story short:- He drilled. It hurt. It shouldn't have hurt. It did hurt. The drilling is not hurting you, it is just the cold air. It hurt!!!!


However the new tooth is in, and I have moved my 6 month checkup from December to February - reprieve!


Getting Ready for Christmas Part 2


I have brought an advent candle.


Finally.........


Am looking forward to watching the new Doctor Who tonight, and am hoping the boys won't get nightmares about people melting in water! Or me for that matter.



* Don't read this bit out of context, and get the wrong idea.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two followers, it must be party time...

    A bit rich you having ago about your Spanish dentists English. Have you heard yourself with a mouthful of instruments

    "aaarrgghhhh, guuurrgghhh geeeffff ffffuuuuucccckkkk"

    Thanks for the heads up on Doctor Who - I would have missed it otherwise. Well I say would have missed it, it's almost impossible to miss anything with iplayers and second chance Sundays and last chance Fridays.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really can't miss seeing the leaking people with cracked lips and The Doctor's extremely long sideburns - yuck.

    ReplyDelete