Thursday 26 November 2009

Is it a sign of getting old - forgetting how old you are?

BIRTHDAY GIRL

Have spent the day being the birthday girl.  This meant spending the two days prior to the day baking and icing not one but two (large) cakes for the Staff Room.  Actually this is worth the effort once a year, as:-

1. you get lots of people at work smiling at you and generally being nice, and

2.  you can sit back and make the most of other cakes/biscuits/sweets, etc. in the staff room for the rest of the year and not feel at all guilty.

Then I got lunch at Michelle's house, along with a couple of other friends.  Actually I get lunch most weeks at Michelle's but today's included getting to blow out a candle and eating  yet more cake.

Had some good presents and have only got to change 3 things - 2 because of sizing and 1 coat from Jo Browns as when I was carefully undoing the stud popper thingies one of them broke off leaving jaggy metal bits! Not good.

Tomorrow is Mr Imo's birthday, we are the same age for one day before he jumps ahead of me again and lands in the second half of being in his 40's. haha.

We are off to the O2 tomorrow to watch some men play tennis in the APT top 8, and there's also a Christmas market and some sort of make your own music/rock through the ages exhibition as well, so we're going up early after depositing boys at the In-Laws, so we can buy I can buy Christmas decorations, we can re-live the 80's music scene and get something to eat before watching tennis balls being bounced launched around a tennis court.

Getting Ready for Christmas Part 3........

Um.  Oh no actually I have managed to buy, wrap and deposit family presents at the parents last Sunday. 


Some Pictures.  Please note the detail to composition, lighting, contrasts, etc....




Let Your Child join Cubs Today




The year I turned No.1 Boy actually into a book for World Book Day




Effects of the Credit Crunch




The French prove they can have a sense of humour


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to you and Mr Imo. Sorry I did not get around sooner I've been tied up with work and play....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've noticed you've been too busy cross dressing and country shooting - which are actually pretty good (if odd) excuses!

    But thanks for posting. I do have at least one friend (and her husband) who have read my shiny new blog but as yet have not commented. I will be taking action before too long!

    ReplyDelete