Monday 24 May 2010

Ruby Wax and lack of obsessions


Ruby Wax


So like BlackLOG   I have also been to see the same performance of Ruby Wax who was in Bishops Stortford for one night only.  I took Pinkele along with me - she provided the wine gums.  The evening got off to an exciting start when I got to speak to the major of Stortford whilst trying to park the car.  Poor Pinkele didn't recognise him, obviously she doesn't read the local paper each week, or attend the sort of local events at which our major is likely to turn up.  It is a local joke that he is in the paper most weeks, the record apparently being 6 photos in one issue!  Anyway he very kindly pointed me in the direction of alternative parking spaces - what a nice man.


So onto Ruby.  She was good.  Smaller then you would imagine, and wearing a slightly too tight top and jacket which she had to keep pulling down.  We particularly enjoyed the bit about what pilates can do for you, especially if you take five classes every day, and the school sports day with the mums who can only discuss their latest frocks.


Birthdays


My mum (or Ma as she likes to be referred to!) turned 80 this weekend.  cue:  big family (well bigish) meal at The Harpenden Hotel and then tea back at the house.  And thankfully my dad (or Pa as he likes to be called) was well enough to enjoy the day.  It was touch and go, first of all he's 89, and  secondly a few weeks ago as he landed up in hospital with dizzy spells and was stuck in there for four weeks.


My sister in law made the cake - she has a small cottage industry going.


Slightly wrong notes - but it's the happy birthday song




89 and still drinking



The Birthday Girl




Obsessions

Am happy to report I have no current obsessions, i.e. no jigsaw craze, DS game, re-decorating the house (although this obsession does need to be kicked in soon) series of books, gardening.   

Actually I'm not doing much at all at the moment apart from getting myself to work and back, and attempting to keep on top of the house stuff.   Failed this morning and had to send boy No. 1 to school with his old games kit as the current one was discovered in the washing machine late last night, unwashed!  Never mind, shorts are meant to be short!

Friends Reunited

I keep getting emails from this site, which I promptly delete without reading.  However, clicked on a link today and wasted a happy hour trying to remember friends surnames so I could have a nose and see if they are a. still alive and b. done anything interesting.   I will now probably forget to go on the site for another 4 years, but I did find out some interesting stuff.

And finally the weather.........

I have given up trying to understand weather.  Two weeks ago we had hail stones and now it's a heatwave.




Taken back in the Spring with no snow, hail, or rain, at Anglesey Abbey

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything going well - sad to hear no jigging obsessions on the go - never mind we will just have to keep our hand in at Pinkele's. I think I went to A Abbey the same day by the looks of it !!

    Let me know when next you venture to the Rhodes - I missed Ruby ! Just like the V Monologue!!!

    See you soon , Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it's half term I have treated myself with starting a 2000. Also missed the V monologue, between the three of us, we will have to keep an eye out for what's on next. Unfortunately I think it's The Gruffulo this week - I think I'll give it a miss!

    And thanks for making a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this =). I used to stay at Harpenden during our conference...they have great food...

    ReplyDelete